Understanding Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever
Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever is an allergic disorder causing inflammation of the mucous membranes lining the nasal cavity. This inflammation occurs when one comes in contact with something that one is allergic to. This could be pollens or moulds or dust or smoke or any strong odour. This problem occurs more often in the autumn and spring season as the pollens are widespread at this time.
Symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever
The common symptoms of allergic rhinitis are sneezing, running nose and watery discharge from the eyes. There is irritation in the nose which causes sneezing to start and then watery discharge from the nose begins. There is discharge from the posterior nares that drains into the throat. This is called post nasal drip. One tends to lose the sense of smell. In chronic cases, the nose stuffs up or gets blocked. One cannot breathe through the nose easily. Such patients are forced to breathe through their mouth and keep their mouth open. Night time is the most difficult for such patients as they find it difficult to sleep. Mouth dries up as they breathe through the mouth instead of the nose. Sometimes, ears also tend to get blocked.
Allergic Rhinitis treatment-Allergic Rhinitis Home Remedies
The conventional treatment of allergic rhinitis is to keep giving anti-allergic medicines or antihistaminics like Cetrizine or Levocitrizine. In fact these anti allergic medicines are used to treat all sorts of allergies, whether nasal or skin. They tend to provide temporary relief. You take an anti histaminic and you are fine for some hours. The sneezing stops and the running nose stops. The itching in the nose and eyes disappears. But the effect lasts only for some hours. Once the effect wears off, the problem returns in full force. I have had patients coming to me who had been taking these anti allergic medicines for years together. These anti histaminics are sleep inducing and often people tend to feel sleepy or dizzy during the daytime, which can be dangerous at times. The easy availability and low cost makes these anti allergic medicines easily accessible. In fact they have become sort of home remedies for allergies and people just keep taking them without even a prescription from a qualified doctor.
Homeopathic treatment of Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever
Homeopathy is best placed to treat all sorts of allergies or allergic disorders. The reason for this is that it does not try to treat the symptoms of the allergies. Instead, it works to root out the cause of these allergies. The root cause in allergies happens to be a hyperactivity of the immune system. This hyperactive immune system goes into an overdrive when it comes in contact with certain things. These things may be harmless in themselves. But the immune system tends to look at them as offenders and tries to react in a defensive manner. It tries to wash them off by producing excess mucous. The homeopathic medicines repair the immune system and the hyperactivity is corrected. Then the body reacts normally to the same things that used to cause the allergies.
5 best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever
I have been in Homeopathic practice for the last 2 decades. I have had the most satisfactory results in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. In fact, I can say with the greatest confidence that I have had the best results in the treatment of this problem. Although there are many homeopathic medicines that are used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis or hay fever, some of the medicines are more frequently used or indicated.
Here are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay fever as per my experience-
Allium Cepa – best medicine for hay fever with watery eyes
Arsenic Album – best medicine for allergic rhinitis with intense thirst
Natrum Mur – best remedy for hay fever with sneezing
Merc Sol -best treatment for allergic rhinitis with sensitivity to heat and cold
Arundo – best hay fever medicine with intense itching
I need to add here that this is not at all an exhaustive list. This means that depending upon the symptoms of the patients, some other medicines might be indicated. A brief description of the symptoms indicating each individual medicine is being given below-
1. Allium Cepa- One of the best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever with watery eyes
When there is watery discharge from the eyes along with running nose, Allium Cepa is one of the best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. The watery discharge from the nose is thin and acrid. At the same time, the discharge from the eyes is bland. The eyes become red and are sensitive to light. There is burning in the nose and eyes as from the cutting of onions. This medicine is in fact made from onions and it mimics the symptoms that occur when one cuts onions. There is the same burning in the eyes that we get when onions are being cut nearby in our presence. The patient feels better in the open air.
2. Arsenic Album- One of the best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis with intense thirst
In cases where there is intense thirst and the patient feels worse in open air, Arsenic Album is one of the best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. There is copiuos watery and excoriating discharge from the nose. There may be restlessness and anxiety with the other symptoms of hay fever. Thirst is increased though the patient drinks a little bit of water at one time. The symptoms are likely to be worse at night. There is an increased sense of weakness which is often disproportionate to the disease.
3. Natrum Mur- One of the best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis with sneezing
In cases where there is a lot of sneezing and in fact, the symptoms start with sneezing only, Natrum Mur does wonders and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for hay fever or allergic rhinitis. There is intense dryness of the mouth and the mucous membranes. The discharge from the nose is thin and watery and resembles the white of an egg. There is an increased desire to eat salt or salty food.
4. Merc Sol- One of the best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis with sensitivity to heat and cold
When there is increased sensitivity to both heat and cold and the patient cannot tolerate either, Merc Sol is very effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for allergic rhinitis or hay fever. There is a lot of sneezing and watery discharge from the nose. The patient is worse even in damp or wet weather. Increased sweating is another indication for this medicine. There is profuse salivation in the mouth. At times the salivation is so much that it keeps the mouth wet most of the time. Despite this increased salivation, the patient keeps on feeling thirsty. There may be foul smell from the mouth.
5. Arundo- One of the best Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis with intense itching
When the episode begins with intense itching in the palate and the nose, Arundo is very much suited to the case and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for allergic rhinitis or hay fever. There is a lot of burning and itching in the nose, the eyes and the roof of the mouth. Sense of smell becomes diminished.
What is allergy?
- Allergy is the most common chronic health problem in the world.
- Our environment, society,life style has been changed a lot in the last few decades. The spreading of industrialization, urbanization has putted bad impact upon our environment.
- The pollution level is increasing day by day at every level in air, water and even in our foods.
- We are living in such an environment which is filled with various pollutants, dusts, pollens, , various bacteria, viruses, some strong smells, strong fumes etc.
- We are eating various types of foods contains different types of proteins. Among them commons are milk protein, whey protein, egg protein etc.
- The water what we drink also contain various types useful as well as harmful substance.
- When all those above things are get inside to our body, our body’s immune system recognize them and differentiate them which are harmful and which harmless for our body and destroy the harmful ones.
- But sometimes many harmless substances act as harmful for some people and their immune system reacts an abnormal reaction or increased sensitivity to certain substances,
- It is because the body’s immune system of allergic people is very hypersensitive to these substances call allergen when comes in contact with them.
- The allergic individual create a special type of antibody call Immunoglobin E(Ige), when comes contact with the environmental substances. The reaction between IgE antibodies and allergen, it release huge amount of substances such as histamine, which produce allergic symptoms in skin, nose, eyes, chest, etc. The allergic reaction can be occurred at any place at anywhere.
- The most common allergens are animal dander, pollens, house dust, house mites, moulds, some drugs, and many food stuffs, especially fish, eggs, milk, and nuts. Bee and wasp stings may cause allergic reactions, with fatal results in rare cases. Additionally, feathers, wood, dyes, cosmetics, and perfumes may act as allergen.
Understand How Body Immune system reacts to an allergy:
- The immune system is your body’s defense system against all those foreign invaders such as bacteria, viruses, various foreign substances. These agents are called antigens. The immune system consists of various immune cells and tissues that works together constantly and consistently to keep you healthy and alive WBC or White blood cells act as your main defense against these antigens.
- The lymphocyte of white blood cells is one of the important cell plays a major role in allergic reaction.
- There are more than 2 trillion lymphocytes in your blood stream at a time
- Two major types of lymphocytes, the T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes involve fully in all allergic reaction of body.
- The T cells and B cells travels everywhere in your body. They pass across the blood vessels walls and moves in the inter cellular space and roam around.
- The T cell when find an antigen gets activated and produce some chemical messenger called cytokines. Those cytokines activate the other lymphocyte B cell to convert the plasma cell.
- The plasma cell produces the antibodies IgE. The peoples who have an allergic constitution produce more IgE antibodies.
- There are mast cells present throughout the body, especially beneath the surface of the skin, near blood vessels and lymphatic vessels, within nerves, throughout the respiratory system, and in the digestive and urinary tracts.
- A mast cell is a type of white blood cell contains many granules rich in histamine, inflammatory mediators.
- The IgE antibodies that are released from the plasma cell binds to the Fc receptors present on the surface of mast cells.
- The binding of IgE antibody to the mast cell causes the release of histamine and other inflammatory mediators in the surrounding tissue
- Those histamine granules when come in contact with the tissue surface initiate the inflammatory reaction. So as a result the symptoms of sneezing, running nose, congestion of eyes are occurred. The inflammatory reaction also constricts the bronchial airways so creates difficulties in breathing.
The Most Common Trigger Factor and symptoms for Allergy:
The dust allergy is the most commonly found allergy in many people. One dust particle contains pet dander, pieces of dead cockroaches, and mold spores, along with dead skin and dust mites. Dust mites are generally found in your old mattress, bedding, pillows, and blankets etc. They prefer to live in warm damp places. They are so tiny creature cannot be seen in naked eyes. Dust mites like to eat dead skin from pets and humans that shed out of your body.
- Itching of eyes
- Redness of eyes with teary eyes
- Regularly Sneezing
- itching stuffy nose
- common cold like runny nose
- sometimes Difficulty in breathing, coughing, shortness of breath
Food allergies are most commonly seen in children and babies, but can occur at any age too. Your body’s immune system protects you from the various outside invaders starting from bacteria to any foreign particle. Even any type of protein what you eat in your food sometimes body feel of threaten and do attack them to get those out. Though those food you eat regularly does not give any reaction in past but have the chance of sometimes it react and make you sick. There are many foods which develop allergic reaction in people. The most common are given below. The proteins it contain of these foods sometimes causes the triggering of allergic reaction
- Tree nuts
- Itching of skin with allergic rashes.
- swelling of skin with itching, Urticaria or hives
- Sometimes respiratory distress with difficulties in breathing
- Pain in stomach, nausea and sometimes vomiting
- Runny nose, sometimes sneezing, red watery eyes
- Anaphylaxis reaction (less common)
Pollens are fine yellowish powder like substances that is transported from plant to plant by the wind, by birds or insects or by other animals and come in contact to your nose or nasal passage. This reacts adversely with some people who are allergic to pollens. The pollen allergy is also called hay fever.
The common symptoms of pollen allergy are:
- itchy with runny nose
- Recurrent Sneezing
- Nasal congestion or stuffy nose
- Congested, itchy, Watery eyes
- Itchy throat , nose and ears
- difficulties in breathing, Wheezing and respiratory distress
Animal dander is nothing but the dead skin cell of animals. Almost all pets, such as kittens, dogs, birds, and rats have animal dander. These are the common trigger factor for various respiratory allergic diseases such as allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchial asthma.
The common symptoms of animal dander allergy are:
- Frequently Sneezing one after another
- Itchy of nose, itchy eyes, Itchy ears, watery eyes
- Watery nasal discharge with irritation feeling inside the nose
- Nasal Congestion or stuffy Nose
- breathing difficulties with tightness feeling of chest
- Urticaria or hives likes rashes also appear on skin.
There are numerous medicines or drugs which are reacts negatively or badly in your body and it develops various allergic symptoms. These allergic symptoms develop from this drug reaction. It may differ from person to person. All drugs do not give any reaction but some few drugs which reacts to certain people who are allergic to those drugs in their body
The most common Drugs are:
- Antibiotics, such as penicillin
- Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen
- Monoclonal antibody therapy
Common symptoms of a drug allergy:
- Hives like skin rashes
- Itchy eyes and skin
- Swelling of the lips, tongue, or face.
- Wheezing and breathing difficulty
The colour paint contains some chemicals which are allergic to some people.
Various symptoms occurred in paint allergy:
- Breathing difficulty
- Wheezing sound
- Itching rashes on skin
- Urticaria or hives like symptoms
Fragrances become a part of our daily life. But some people get hypersensitive reaction with some fragrances of Hair spray, soap, body and facial lotion, hair shampoo or conditioner, Face wash, cosmetics, deodorant and barber sprit contain fragrance.
Various Symptoms of fumes allergy:
- Watery nasal Discharge with itching inside the nose.
- Itching of eyes , redness of eyes,
- Coughing and difficulty in breathing
- Post nasal drip
Many people are very hyper sensitive to cold air or cold weather and shows cold like symptoms during cold winter season, changing climate or season change. The allergic symptoms are develop when they do exposed to the cold air.
Various allergic symptoms like
- Sneezing with runny nose
- Difficulty in breathing with wheezing sound in chest.
- Sore throat or tonsillitis,
Insect Sting Allergy:
Most of the people are allergic reaction to insect stings. The majority of insect stings come from wasps, yellow jackets, hornets and bees.
Various Symptoms of insect sting
- Pain, Redness, Swelling (in area of sting and sometimes beyond)
- Anaphylaxis (less common), a potentially life-threatening reaction that impairs breathing and can cause the body to go into shock
Cockroaches are crawling across your kitchen floor in the middle of the night. They can be an allergy trigger as well. The saliva, feces and shedding body parts of cockroaches can trigger both asthma and allergies.
Various cockroach allergy symptoms include:
- Nasal congestion
- Skin rash
- Ear infection
- Sinus infection
Type of Allergy
There are major 3 category of allergy-
1.Respiratory tract and throat allergy – the respiratory tract and throat allergies are-
- Allergic rhinitis – Allergic rhinitis is an allergic inflammation of the nasal airways. It occurs when an allergen, such as pollen, dust or animal dander is inhaled by an individual with a sensitized immune system. It causes sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, swelling and inflammation of the nasal passages, and an increase in mucus production. Many of the same factors that trigger allergic rhinitis can also trigger an allergic bronchial asthma attack.
- Rhinosinusitis – rhino sinusitis is the inflammation of inner layer of nasal passage and inner lining of sinus cavity result from allergic cause or viral cause. the common cause for developing of rhino sinusitis is allergy i.e. allergic rhinitis. the most common symptoms of rhinosinusitis are blocking of nose, heaviness and severe pain on sinus areas like at the side on root of nose, both side of nose just under the eyes, and on maxilla portion of face. there sometimes more nasal secretion of thin to thick discharges.
- Allergic Bronchial Asthma – It is the common chronic inflammatory disease of the airways characterized by variable and recurring symptoms, reversible airflow obstruction, and bronchospasm. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. It is triggered by various allergens or irritants. In allergic asthma, when the airways come in contact with an allergen, the immune system reacts and releases chemicals. These chemicals cause the muscles around the airways to tighten. Inflammation, swelling, and a buildup of mucus in the airways causes further narrowing.
- Allergic tonsillitis and adenoids– Tonsils are the two round lumps in the back of the throat. Tonsils can be seen clearly in the back of the throat, while the adenoids are located high in the throat behind the nose and the roof of the mouth (soft palate) and are not visible. Those are the lymph glands like other lymph gland. The inflammation of tonsils and adenoids are called tonsillitis and adenoids. the common symptoms occurs in tonsillitis are sore throat, can not swallow any thing because of throat pain, sometimes redness of tonsils, cough , fever etc. The adenoids symptoms are snoring, sleeping disorder, weakness feeling etc.
- Nasal polyp – Nasal polyps are non cancerous grape shaped growths found around the nasal mucus membrane especially at the place where the sinus opens to the nasal passage. They result from chronic inflammation due to allergy, asthma, recurring infection or certain immune disorder. The common symptoms are blocked stuffy nose, post nasal drip, runny nose, loss of smell, pain in maxillary portion, etc.
2. Skin allergy – the skin allergy can be of –
- urticaria or hives – Urticaria or hives is a skin reaction of appearance of various sizes smooth, slightly elevated pinkish patches of wheals like attended with severe itching result from allergic reaction. Those are subsided automatically after a few minutes to hour without leaving any scar. Most cases of urticaria are self-limited and of short duration. Chronic urticaria is defined as urticaria with recurrent episodes lasting longer than 6 weeks.
- Atopic dermatitis or Eczema – Atopic dermatitis or eczema is one type of inflammation of skin characterize with itchy, redness , rough and cracked skin patches result from allergic cause. they may be wet and oozing of sticky watery fluid from that affected part.
3. G.I. Tract allergy
- Gastro enteritis – There is abdominal pain, nausea and loose bowel movement generally occur in child and babies.
Factors that can increase your risk for developing allergies include the following:
- Have a family history of asthma or allergies
- children are more susceptible
- Cigarette smoke.
- Births during high-pollen seasons. Those babies born during high-pollen seasons may be more sensitive to hay fever allergens later in life.
- Allergen exposure. Early exposure to allergens like mold, pollen, dust mites, pet dander, cockroaches, and some types of food seems to increase your risk of developing allergies.
- Being a bottle-fed baby. Studies show that breast-feeding reduces the frequency and severity of allergies in children.
- Being born prematurely. Premature babies have a higher risk of developing allergies later in life.
- Having one or more parents who have nasal allergies. Children have allergies if just one of their parents have allergies, then there risk is nearly 70%
- Environmental issues and lifestyle changes, Urban living, higher exposure to dust mites, atmospheric pollution, nutrition, lifestyle changes, maternal smoking, diesel fumes, geography, the “hygiene hypothesis,” the strongest risk factor for the development of allergies/asthma.
Treatment for Allergy:
- Before going to the treatment of allergy it is essential to know the basic things how the allergy occur and what is the scope of conventional treatment and homeopathic treatment
- An allergy is the hyper immune reaction of a person to many substances which are though safe for others but harmful to an allergic people.
- Those substances are called allergen or antigen
- there are various types allergens or antigens present in the environment such as dust mites, pollens, various foods, many drugs, cold air, strong smells of various substances like perfumes, petrol, paints.
- Those antigens or allergens when enters inside body our immune cells recognize them and eliminate them out.
- Our immune cells like T cells (T lymphocyte) and B cells (B lymphocytes) play the major role to perform this task.
- In a normal person when those antigen or allergen enter inside the body the immune system eliminate them without reacting anyway, but an allergic person of hypersensitive immune system reacts to those substances vigorously.
- A person of hypersensitive immune system, the B cells induces the inflammatory tissue reaction called allergic reaction when comes in contact to those antigens or allergens. The B cells of a sensitized immune system when detect any such foreign protein or antigen produce certain substances called IgE antibody.
- In our body there are some cells called mast cells. Those mast cells contain some granules called histamine and heparin. Around the surface of mast cells numerous receptor are found called FC receptors to which the IgE antibody binds.
- When any allergen invade the body the B cell identifies the invader and produces the IgE antibodies that flows and attach with the FC receptor of mast cell surface.
- The antigen or allergen further binds with those IgE antibodies over mast cell surface. This way of antigen and antibody fixation stimulate the mast cell to releases the histamine content around the tissues.
- Those histamines when comes in contact to the surrounding tissue binds to the histamine receptors (H1 receptor) present over the tissue surface and starts developing allergic reactions.
- The symptoms of sneezing, runny nose, redness and itching of eyes nose are nothing but the outcomes result of histamine and tissue reaction.
Scope of conventional treatment
- So for a long term curative prospect, it is required to rectify the hypersensitivity nature of the immune system of the allergic person so that when he get exposed to the same allergens does not react adversely which he was reacting earlier
- Conventional treatment helps to check the allergic symptoms by histamine receptor antagonist or leukotriene receptor antagonist method.
- Similarly the steroid preparation helps to minimize the inflammation of the respiratory and nasal mucous surface hence reduces the symptoms.
- It helps to chect the allergic reaction in a short term period. Again when the person exposes to the same allergens produce same symptoms and need the same medication to stop the reaction. Therefore it becomes essential to take those medications for regular basis to check allergic reaction.
- As we have to live in the same environment so it is quite difficult to keep away us from those allergens at all.
Scope of Homeopathy Treatment
- Constitutional Homeopathy treatment helps to rectify or modify the sensitive nature of the immune system of an allergic persons so gives a long term cure
- If one person’s immune system has become hypersensitive, so under the back ground there must be something that has made it such like. So what are the things that have made the immune system so hypersensitive?
- Staying always in a stressful condition for weeks or even months produces cortisol, the body’s stress-induced hormone. When cortisol becomes elevated and remains so for awhile, it affects the cells that comprise your immune system. So prolonged stress condition can affect your immune system to become hypersensitive. When anybody is in stressful situation he/she may react differently to the stress. Some people feels hopeless,desperate from the stress. Some people feels frustrated, anger or vexed by the situation. Some people feel to cry out loudly or even cry while sharing their mater. A homeopathy physician searches out the exact reaction what the person express or feel out of a stress and accordingly choose the medicine. This is just a single example of selection of remedy. Similarly there are many factors needed to be considered to choose a suitable remedy for that patient.
- There are different types of emotions like sadness, anger, frustration, fear, apprehension. Some people constantly suppress their natural emotions due to some unavoidable circumstance and that suppression directly affect on the immune system. so here a homeopathy physician try to find out what is the exact emotional factor has been suppressed and select accordingly one constitutional remedy which helps to modify his immune system to work normally.
- The constitutional homeopathy treatment offers a long term cure to the allergic patient.Besides that there are many remedies which are given to manage the acute symptoms of allergic disease.
- At the time of acute crises of allergic problem there are various medicines specifically used for a specific symptoms can be given to manage the acute condition.
6 BEST HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR ALLERGY
Arsenic alb – There is thin watery discharge from the nose with burning sensation, recurrent sneezing one after another with runny nose. Burning and tearing of eyes . There is puffiness around eyes, stuffy nose. The person has an asthmatic tendency with breathing difficulties, and oppression of chest which is generally worse when he lies down. On sitting with a forward bending posture makes the patient little comfort from his asthmatic problem. There is marked wheezing sound during asthmatic affection. The asthma is worse in wet cold weather. Besides that the constitutional symptoms of arsenic alb are anxiety, restlessness, prostration, burning sensation. The anxiety that is found in Arsenic alb is intermingled with fear. The other prominent symptoms are debility, exhaustion, restlessness, with nightly aggravation. Great exhaustion after a slightest exertion.
Sulphur – There is itching with redness of eyes in allergic condition. The itching is followed by burning sensation and relieved by cold application. sulphur patient is always irritable, depressed, thin and weak, but good vappetite. He is having forgetful nature, difficulties in thinking. He has many good ideas but cannot implement it. Selfish type person, no regards for others. very lazy person, not cleanness, never look after about his dressing and clothing. Don’t like to take bath. Having of skin diseases always. The skin rashes itch a lot generally in night and warm atmosphere. The person has a feeling congestion or oppression of chest in asthmatic condition.–
Natrum mur – Natrum mur is generally well indicated in case of allergic condition which gives the symptoms of more itching of nose, throat, ear with recurrent sneezing one after another. The characteristic discharge from the mucous membranes is watery or thick whitish, like the white of an egg.Natrum mur patient is very sensitive in nature. Every thing he/she takes into the heart. The person is irritable in nature and when in upset does not like any body’s present or giving of any consolation.Consolation aggravated the state of the mind – the melancholy, the tearfulness, sometimes brings on anger. The Natrum mur patient is extremely emotional. The whole nervous economy is in a state of fret (visible anxious like scratching finger on her skin in worry). Completely or desperately in love brings on complaints. The natrum mur patient desire to take extra salt in his diet.
Sabadilla– it has good action on mucous membrane of the nose and the lachrymal glands, producing coryza and symptoms like hay-fever. There isspasmodic sneezing one after another. symptoms of hay-fever or allergic rhinitis with itchy nose and fluent coryza. Either nostril stuffed up, inspiration through nose labored, snoring. Violent sneezing is occurred from time to time, shaking abdomen followed by lachrymation. There is runny nose with severe frontal headache and redness of eyelids.
Allium Cepa Allium Cepa is one of the most commonly used Homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. It is generally used in the symptoms of severe runny nose that drips from the tip of nose with watery eyes. There is burning of nose due to over secretion mucous. Along with the watery nasal discharge there is watery eye. There is profuse sneezing associated with runny nose and watery eyes.
Tuberculinum- The patient is very susceptible to catch cold. The physical constitution is lean and thin like natrum mur, but not obese like calcarea carb. If there is family history of tuberculosis or bronchial asthma then is more suitable to give this medicines in any allergic or asthma condition. The person is very depressed, melancholic, taciturn sulky nature.
Commonly prescribed Homeopathy medicine for specific allergen
- Allergy to dust, strong perfumes – Histamine
- Allergy to Animal Dander – Tuberculinum
- Allergy to Asparagus – Carcinosin
- Allergy to Bananas – Phosphorus
- Allergy to Bees – Apis mel
- Allergy to bread, acidic food – Natrum Mur
- Allergy to Butter – Sulphur
- Allergy to Buckwheat – Pulsatilla
- Allergy to Buckwheat- Pulsatilla
- Allergy to Carrots – Phosphorus
- Allergy to Castor BeanAlumina, Antimonium ars.
- Allergy to Cats- Phosphorus, Tuberculinum
- Allergy to Celery- Apium grav
- Allergy to Chocolate – Sulphur
- Allergy to Cod Liver Oil – Pulsatilla
- Allergy to Dogs – Phosphorus
- Allergy to Dust – Blatta orientalis, pothos
- Allergy to Eggs – Ferrum met, Nat mur, Sulphur, Tuberculinum
- Allergy to Fats, Animal- Pulsatilla, Sulphur
- Allergy to Feathers – Sulphur
- Allergy to Fish – Sulphur, Tuberculinum
- Allergy to Flour – Aspidosperma
- Allergy to Flowers – Sanguinaria
- Allergy to Fruit – Arsenicum alb, Pulsatilla
- Allergy to Glutamate – Nat mur, Phosphorus
- Allergy to Grass, Freshly Cut – Allium cepa, Dulcamara, Pulsatilla, Sabadadilla
- Allergy to Grass Pollens – Medorrhinum, Natrum sulph, Phosphorus, Senega
- Allergy to Guinea Pig Hair – Kali carb, Lycopdium
- Allergy to Hair Dyes – Sulphur, Tuberculinum
- Allergy to Hazelnuts – Phosphorus
- Allergy to Honey – Nat mur
- Allergy to Hornets – Vespa crabro
- Allergy to Insect Bites – Carbolic acid
- Allergy to Meat – Nat mur, Sulphur, Tuberculinum
- Allergy to Metals – Sulphur
- Allergy to Milk – Calc carb, Homarus, Nat mur, Sepia, Sulphur, Tuberculinum, Urtica urens
- Allergy to Mosquito – Culex
- Allergy to Onion – Nat mur, Thuja
- Allergy to Oranges – Pulsatilla
- Allergy to Oysters – Lycopodium
- Allergy to Pollen – Blatta orientalis, psorinum
- Allergy to Pork – Pulsatilla, Sepia
- Allergy to Ragweed – Ambrosia
- Allergy to Sardines – Sulphur, Tuberculinum
- Allergy to Shellfish – Arsenicum alb., Terebinthina, Urtica urens
- Allergy to Starch – Nat mur
- Allergy to Strawberries – Carcinosin, Fragaria vesca
- Allergy to Sugar – Saccharum officinale
- Allergy to Tamarind Seed – Blatta orientalis, Carbo veg
- Allergy to Wasps – Vespa crabro
- Allergy to Weevils – Grindelia, Ipecac
- Allergy to Wheat – Nat mur, Psorinum
- Allergy to beer; malt liquor – Kali Bich
- Allergy to warm boiled milk – Sepia
- Allergy to cod liver oil – Hepar Sulph
- Allergy to aspirin, bad liquors, salt butter, bad eggs, poultry items – Carbo Veg
- Allergy to antibiotic – Sulphur
- Allergy to antibiotic – Sulphur
- Allergy to coffee – Nux Vom
- Allergy to heat – Apis Mel
- Allergy to cold drinks; fruits; rotten foods, iodine – Arsenic Album –
- Allergy to dampness – Dulcamara
- Allergy to smell of flowers – Ailanthus
- Allergy to sugar – Argentum nit
- Allergy to rice – Tellurium
- Allergy to cabbage – Petrolium
- Allergy to cheese – Nitri-spiritus dulcus
- Allergy to dust – Justicia adhatoda
Healthy Tips for Self Care
- Try to reduce your exposure to some allergens, such as dust mites, animal danders, pollens etc.
- wash your bedding in very hot water like 130 degree F and dry it hanging in open sunny area or in a hot dryer minimum once in a week
- Wear a mask while cleaning your house or gardening which keeps pollen out of your nose and mouth
- Clean your floors with a damp mop or cloth daily. If you are putting carpet then clean it by vacuum 2 to 3 times in a week.
- Use baking soda, mineral oil, club soda, or vinegar to clean instead of using cleaning solutions .
- Don’t Let Pets Sleep with You. Their fur and dander (dried skin, hair, and saliva) can cause allergy to your body.
- Keep your house plants outside the house in spring season. Because the mold spores that live in the warm and wet dirt of the flower bucket.
- Allergy or hay fever is developed in a person of hypersensitive immune system. The immune system becomes hypersensitive if you always stay in a constant stress. so meditation, yoga, pranayam are very much essential to keep you stress free.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise produces adrenaline, a natural way to relieve a stuffy nose.
- Use an air conditioner or air purifier with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter.